VenueOld Alvanley Garage
Cheshire WA6 9HB
- Fri 20 & Sat 21 January 2017 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 10 & Sat 11 March 2017 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 19 & Sat 20 May 2017 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 7 & Sat 8th July (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 20th & Sat 21st October (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 10th & Sat 11th Nov 2017 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 12th & Sat 13th Jan 2018 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 2nd & Sat 3rd Mar 2018 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Thurs 12th & Fri 13th April (FULLY BOOKED)
- Thursday 10th & Friday 11th May 2018 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 25th & Sat 26th May 2018 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 8th & Sat 9th June 2018 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 20th & Sat 21st July 2018 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Thur 28th & Fri 29th June 2018 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 19th & Sat 20th Oct 2018 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 9th & Sat 10th Nov 2018 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 1st & Sat 2nd Feb 2019 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Thur 25th & Fri 26th April 2019 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Thur 23rd & Fri 24th May 2019 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 28th & Sat 29th June 2019 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Thur 18th & Fri 19th July 2019 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Fri 18th & Sat 19th Oct 2019 (FULLY BOOKED)
- Thur 21 & Fri 22nd November 2019
Cost£240 (includes all materials, use of a tool kit, lunch and light refreshments). A £100 deposit is needed to secure your place.
This hands on course will be your first step into woodturning and will give you a firm foundation in all the basic skills of woodturning. The course is aimed at novices who wish to try out a new skill while allowing you create your own pieces on the lathe.
The first day focuses on understanding and using the lathe safely, tool sharpening and tool identification. Once these topics are covered we will then work on turning wood between centres, using the roughing gouge, spindle gouge, skew chisel and parting tool.
The second day will be focused on bowl turning and face plate turning, whilst you will still use some of the tools from the previous day the main focus will be on the use of the bowl gouge. Throughout both days emphasis is given to mastering new skills in such a way that when the student returns to their own workshop they can put into practice all they have learnt.
You will take home a number of pieces, from a honey dipper and a garden dibber to a bowl and a lamp which will incorporate spindle and bowl turning.
There is a maximum of 4 students per course. Price includes lunch and light refreshments throughout the day.
For more details or to register, please contact Ciarán.